A former WWE Superstar and Intercontinental Champion has made it clear they have no interest in being inducted into the promotion's Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame was founded in 1993 following the passing of Andre the Giant, who was the sole inductee in that year's class. Over the year, a total 239 inductees have become Hall of Famers, including nine recipients of the Warrior Award. Eight Superstars have been inducted twice, while 62 members have been inducted posthumously.

While many WWE Superstars dream of being inducted into the Hall of Fame, Ken Patera isn't among them. After his career as a weightlifter ended, Patera entered the WWF in the early 1970s, and in April 1980, became the second-ever Intercontinental Champion. Despite this accolade and others, Patera told the Wrestling Epicenter this week that a Hall of Fame induction would mean nothing to him.

"I’m actually not in there. Do I want to be in there? F*** no! Vince McMahon put that whole thing together. It doesn’t even have a building. Everyone knows who I am and what I’ve done. But, for him [Vince McMahon] to create a Hall of Fame and go, 'Look what I created! Like what I did!' [laughs] It doesn’t matter to me."

Patera went on to name some of the Hall of Fames that he is a member of.

"I’m in the Weight Lifting Hall of Fame. I’m in the St. Louis Hall of Fame. That means more to me than the WWE Hall of Fame because it was a part of the NWA, which started back in the 1930s. They inducted me eight or nine years ago. There are not even 100 guys in that Hall of Fame."

Patera isn't interested in a WWE Hall of Fame induction, and he isn't the only one. When WWE tried to win back Jeff Hardy in early 2022 (prior to his signing with AEW) the Charismatic Enigma was offered a Hall of Fame induction but said he wouldn't go in without his brother Matt. While Batista was named for the 2020 class, the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in the Animal withdrawing and the 2020 and 2021 classes were inducted together.

Some people who have turned down an induction have gone on to be inducted at a later date. The Ultimate Warrior turned down the induction in the past until agreeing in 2014. The former WWF Champion was inducted on the eve of WrestleMania 30 and died days later.