Marty Jannetty would love to follow his passion and impart his knowledge to the up-and-coming WWE stars. He wants to once again team up with the WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels. However, this time to train the younger stars.

Back in the 80s, Jannetty partnered with Shawn Michaels and they were known as The Rockers. The duo originally found success during the mid-to-late 1980s and they also became a two-time AWA World Tag Team Champions and winning various regional titles. They became one of the popular teams of the WWF's "Golden Age", headlining multiple events. The Rockers also held the WWF World Tag Team Championship in late 1990. However, their reign was voided for disputed reasons.

Meanwhile, after a storied career as a pro wrestler, Shawn Michaels has been at the helm of WWE NXT for a while now. He was initially brought in for different roles but ended up taking over from his longtime best friend Triple H.

Shawn Michaels has a key role in the WWE Performance Center and to develop the future stars. However, he isn't one of the main coaches but he now works behind the scenes handling the NXT brand.

When asked by Sportskeeda Wrestling's Bill Apter about whether Jannetty expected Michaels to be the head of NXT, he said that he didn't at first.

Jannetty added that he always knew Shawn had the talent and knowledge to be teaching younger stars. He also said that he wants to go in and help younger stars as well:

"I could see that he had the knowledge and talent to be teaching younger guys. I would love to be there, my passion is to teach the younger guys."

Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels weren't always on the best of terms. However, over the years they made amends and they message each other once in a while.