Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is in contention to be the greatest ever, according to John Cena.

Reigns has been dominant since his transformation into the Tribal Chief and aligning himself with Paul Heyman in the summer of 2020. Within a week of making his partnership with Heyman public, Reigns captured the Universal Championship, a title he continues to hold to this day. At WrestleMania 38, Reigns unified that title with the WWE Championship. At this year's WrestleMania, Reigns became the first man in history to defend the same championship at three WrestleManias within one title reign.

Like Reigns, John Cena's name is often thrown around when fans discuss the greatest of all time. Speaking on a recent episode of Busted Open Radio, Cena made the case for Reigns to be in the conversation for pro wrestling's G.O.A.T.

"My personal number one, I think Roman Reigns has to be considered strongly [as the greatest of all time.] What he’s done with the championship, what he’s done as essentially a selective performer, he’s redefined how you do it. Not only that, the reason I really rest a lot of accolades on Roman’s shoulders, and I’ve told this to him personally, [is] his ability to pass energy to more than himself."

Cena compared Reigns to Ric Flair (another contender for the title of G.O.A.T.) and spoke about the differences between the two.

"The difference between him and Ric is that Ric was always there and that’s brilliant. I love that Roman did it his own way by crafting his own personality, he did it his own way by redefining what it means to be at the tip of the sphere. He is there selectively, he has made himself exclusive and in doing so, he’s brought like eight people with them. He’s allowed the whole Bloodline to get over.”

At WWE Night of Champions, Roman Reigns will seek to add more championship gold to his collection. At the event, he and Solo Sikoa will challenge Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships. The show will also mark day 1,000 of Reigns' tenure as WWE Universal Champion.

In recent weeks, Paul Heyman has also teased that his Tribal Chief could set his sights on WWE's new World Heavyweight Championship. Reigns was also recently added to the list of names being advertised for WWE Money in the Bank in London, England.