Billy Corgan's recent comments equating watching Tyrus to being a wrestling fan is simply wrong, according to NWA Women's World Champion Kamille.

Since capturing the NWA World Championship at Hard Times 3, there has been speculation as to the motivation of Tyrus' title victory. Many predict that the decision to make Tyrus the NWA World Champion was due to his role with FOX News and the opportunity for the NWA World Championship to be shown to a massive audience.

Corgan has always refuted the notion to Tyrus' work with FOX News or political affiliation has played any factor in his booking or World Championship victory. In a recent interview, Corgan claimed that fans who don't support Tyrus being World Champion are only against him because of politics, and believes that if somebody won't watch Tyrus, they are not a 'real' wrestling fan.

Tyrus is the NWA World Champion but he isn't the only wrestler who holds gold. Speaking to WrestlingNewsCo, NWA Women's World Champion Kamille commented on Corgan's claims.

"Billy likes being polarizing. It's something he's done his entire life and it's why he's sold the amount of albums he sold and has the amount of fans that he has, so there's a reason for that.

"As far as Tyrus is concerned and politics, I don't think that politics and wrestling should be intertwined, but you know what? It's life and people are human beings and feelings are a very strong thing. Feelings are a very real thing and if someone feels strongly one way and it affects this over here, so be it. I don't agree and I'll say this completely, I completely disagree that if you aren't a Tyrus fan, you aren't a wrestling fan. I completely disagree with that statement."

Kamille said her 'hot-take' in a nod to Corgan is that if someone can't enjoy the NWA Women's division, then it raises some questions, as Kamille believes strongly in the quality of women's wrestling in the promotion. Kamille has proven to be an impressive NWA Women's World Champion, having held the title for over 700 days after winning the title at When Our Shadows Fall in June 2021.