The wrestling industry in 2023 is home to stars of all shapes and sizes, but Hulk Hogan isn't exactly impressed by some of today's talent.

During Hogan's heyday, it seemed like every major name in wrestling had to fit a certain mold; that being to be over six-foot-tall and bulging with muscles. Names that fit into this mold include Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, and 'Macho Man' Randy Savage to name just a few.

It was only until the steroid scandal that the image of a top guy in the World Wrestling Federation began to change. With the federal government breathing down the neck of Vince McMahon, wrestlers with more natural physiques, such as Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, were elevated.

Today, WWE is home to talent of all sizes, ranging from the five-foot-tall Nikki Cross to the seven-foot-three Nigerian Giant Omos. In recent years, smaller-stature Superstars have taken center stage, many of whom coming from WWE NXT. Speaking to the Full Send podcast, the Hulkster had some choice words about how wrestlers look today.

“All the guys I wrestled looked like monster sized and nowadays, there are a lot of guys that look like wrestlers and a lot of guys that don’t. A lot of guys that look like wrestlers, and then you got guys that look like they should be bagging my groceries. So the difference is How athletic the guys are. Smaller guys can do all kinds of crazy stuff. They do so much impressive stuff in one match, I wouldn’t do that much in a year. But what does it mean?"

Hogan's comments won't be affecting WWE's current plans, with the five-foot-eleven Finn Balor set to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Money in the Bank. Rey Mysterio, whose five-foot-six stature has resulted in him being deemed WWE's Ultimate Underdog, will challenge Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship later this week.