WWE Producer Tyson Kidd has confirmed that he will never wrestle again, eight years after his career came to an end due to a neck injury.

The injury in question occurred during a WWE Monday Night Raw dark match on June 1, 2015. Kidd was injured after receiving a Muscle Buster from Samoa Joe and has served as a producer for WWE since 2017.
Not in the Cards

Since Kidd's injury, some have held out hope that he may one day return to the ring. It's understandable to see why some feel this way, given that Daniel Bryan, Edge, and Saraya have all returned from 'career-ending' injuries in recent years. Speaking to McGuire on Wrestling, Kidd was asked about if he is truly done in the ring, and made it clear that he is finished.

"Yeah. It's so funny, I answer this all the time and then people don't believe it, and I understand why. We've seen so many other people say that they're retired or whatever and they come back, and that's great, that's cool. It's not in the cards for me. I have a different injury than most people."

Kidd's injury was in his C5 and C6 discs and despite his career ending, the former WWE Tag Team Champion was exceptionally lucky. In a tweet discussing his injury, Kidd noted that only 5% of people survive his injury.

Discussing the injury, journalist Dave Meltzer said "It is unbelievable that Tyson Kidd came through as well as he did," and said the majority who survive the injury end up quadriplegic, including Superman actor Christopher Reeve.