Finn Balor has enjoyed success in WWE as both a face and a heel, but claims he was born to be bad.

At this time, Balor's heel work as part of The Judgment Day has made him a regular on TV, with the group being praised for their on-screen antics and natural chemistry. Balor joined the group in June of last year, usurping the group from Edge, who had debuted the faction at WrestleMania 38.

Speaking to WWE After the Bell this week, Balor was asked about how his work with The Judgment Day has changed his career.

"I feel like it's reinvigorated me on a personal level. I don't really want to speak too much from a professional level because I haven't completed that stage of the journey yet. I feel personally that I'm back, enjoying my work. I feel refreshed, I feel invigorated. I feel creative again.

"It's something that I haven't really had a chance to fully explore this type of character on Raw or on SmackDown before. It's something that I really wanted to do during the second run in NXT but when we lost the interaction of the crowd we had to tweak it a little."

While Balor is relishing being a heel, fans who know him exclusively for his WWE work will have seen Finn work almost entirely as a babyface. During the interview, Balor discussed always wanting to be a heel and claimed that it was WWE's edict that he was a babyface.

"Really this has been the goal since I first put on a pair of wrestling boots. I mean, I was born to be a heel. When I started this at 18 years old, I was a heel for years upon years and it wasn't until I came to NXT In my first run that I started to learn or to be taught how to be a babyface.

"It was something that was very much a WWE directive. That's how they saw me but that's not really see myself. So it's been very much an exploratory time for me and getting back to what I feel I do best. Or at least, what makes me happiest in the ring."

Finn Balor will challenge WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins at WWE Money in the Bank 2023 tomorrow afternoon.