New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Mercedes Moné is having a successful career after leaving WWE in 2022. However, it has stopped Bayley from wanting to see her make a return one day. She revealed in an interview that she asked Moné about making a return in the past but ultimately wants what is best for her.

Moné is currently sidelined with a broken ankle injury she suffered during her match with NJPW Strong Women's Champion Willow Nightingale for the title at NJPW Resurgence. Fightful Select reported that the original plan for the match was to have Moné win the title. However, NJPW made the call during her title bout to have Nightingale be victorious due to the injury. She posted on Instagram on June 12 that she had a successful surgery and starting her road to recovery.

It's unclear when Moné will compete again, but she should still be under contract with NJPW. Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer reported that she agreed to an extension with the company in April but didn't share the length of her contract.

Despite having success outside of WWE, it hasn't stopped Bayley from wanting to work with her friend.

In an interview with the Gorilla Position, Bayley was asked whether she has conversations with Moné about returning to WWE.

She replied, "I beg her every day...you know what, it doesn't matter where it is or it doesn't matter how it happens, I would love to one day step back in the ring with her. I would love, whether it's teaming with her. Whether it's against her, but right now, I just want whatever happiness she needs to feel. Whatever she needs. Accomplish her dreams. Accomplish her goals, I'm just happy to see her happy."

WWE fans will unlikely see Moné return to the company anytime soon. However, people like her friend Bayley are happy to see her thriving on her own and the career she's having in NJPW.