Cody Rhodes is still eyeing to finish his story.

'The American Nightmare' unsuccessfully challenged Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39.

'The Tribal Chief' left Cody Rhodes' story unfinished as the former emerged victorious to retain his title in the main event of WrestleMania 39 Night Two. Despite the anticipation that Rhodes could dethrone Roman Reigns, he came up short thanks to interference by Solo Sikoa.

With the introduction of the new World Heavyweight Championship, fans believed that it would be unwise for Rhodes to win that particular title. Now, he has addressed his goal.

Cody Rhodes picked up a win over Dominik Mysterio at the Money In The Bank event in London and at the post-show press conference, Rhodes addressed the title and its place in "the story."

"I don't want to be a downer, but no. Now, winning the World Heavyweight Championship would be outstanding. It would be amazing. It is the title on the flagship show, 'Monday Night Raw.' [It] absolutely matters; it is important."

He then shed praise on his rival Seth Rollins and added:

"What Seth [Rollins] is doing with it is a special thing, and [what] you're going to see is that title will mean far more in five minutes, and then in 10 minutes. Every second it gains equity. But finishing the story was always, always, about the title that my dad didn't get."

Ever since his return, Cody remembered that his legendary father "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes never won WWE's top prize. Although Rhodes won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, a title his father did hold, for Rhodes it's about bringing home that one accomplishment his father never did.

"You'll probably hear some news about my documentary at some point soon, finally 'cause these people have been filming me for gosh knows how long and it's covered a lot in there as far as that's what the story was," he said adding, "He really did hold it, and he held it in the Garden. It ate me up that he never got it. So that's finishing the story. The World Heavyweight Championship is a whole-nother story. It is. And again, [it's] very special — the main title on 'Monday Night Raw.' I don't look down on it in any way."

We will now have to wait and see if Cody Rhodes is able to capture the WWE Championship.