Cody Rhodes has explained why he avoids talking about the heartbreaking loss to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 39.

'The American Nightmare' unsuccessfully challenged Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39. 'The Tribal Chief' left Cody Rhodes' story unfinished as the former emerged victorious to retain his title in the main event of WrestleMania 39 Night Two. Despite the anticipation that Rhodes could dethrone Roman Reigns, he came up short thanks to interference by Solo Sikoa.

Following his loss at WrestleMania 39, Cody has talked about finishing his story but has decided not to talk at length. He has explained it is due to running the risk of whining.

Speaking to BT Sport's Ariel Helwani, Cody Rhodes explained his reasoning in detail.

“One thing I didn’t want to do was whine. My buddy, Sean Ross Sapp, half buddy, half not. He was saying, ‘I wish Cody would talk about how he got screwed at WrestleMania.’ I’m thinking, that’s not the way to do it, I’d be kicking my own ass. No. The story is unfinished. It is. I wanted to move and try to get back to finishing it. That’s where I was at."

He continued that he could not get over the loss easily but was able to move on to the "next thing."

"I quickly didn’t get over it, it’s not a pain you get over, but I quickly was able to ‘chin up’ and move on to the next thing. Coming to Raw was really tough for me, from a character standpoint and a human standpoint. Very tough.”

Recently, Cody Rhodes picked up a win over Dominik Mysterio at the Money In The Bank event in London.