Former WWE writer Vince Russo is not thrilled with how Brock Lesnar was presented after his return.

'The Beast Incarnate' made his return on the latest edition of Monday Night Raw. He interrupted a promo segment between Seth Rollins and Cody Rhodes. 'The American Nightmare' was in the ring and immediately rushed to face him.

The two brawled for a bit, and then Rhodes stuck Lesnar with a Cody Cutter to send him reeling. Cody Rhodes stood tall as Brock seemingly retreated.

This marked Lesnar's first appearance since Night of Champions 2023, where he defeated Cody Rhodes. Lesnar forced Rhodes (who walked into the match with a 'broken arm') to pass out from the pain of his Kimura Lock. Rhodes had previously defeated Lesnar at the WWE Backlash premium live event in May.
Vince Russo is not happy with Brock Lesnar not being involved after opening segment

This week on Legion of RAW, Vince Russo mentioned that WWE should have featured the Brock-Cody story throughout the show. He felt that Lesnar was showing up after a while, and he was there just for the first ten minutes of the show, and then he left.

"I shake my head from the beginning of the show where we see Brock Lesnar and then that's it. We have a three-hour show where we can work in the Cody and Brock feud. This guy hits the ring 10 minutes into the show, and then poof! He just disappears. I will never understand that for as long as I live. I don't get it."

The former writer also highlighted another mistake made by the WWE production team. Russo explained that WWE played Cody's music immediately after Lesnar was dumped from the ring. He claimed that playing the music so early made the segment look scripted.

"They hit the music immediately when it was over. They didn't give it time to breathe, they didn't drag out drama. As soon as Lesnar was dumped from the ring, they hit the music."

Russo continued:

"They hit the music immediately and it felt like, 'Okay guys this is fake and this segment is over now.' And that usually isn't like them. It just felt so fake. I mean, Brock is dumped from the ring, we hit the music. Why are we hitting the music unless we know Brock's not making a comeback."

WWE is set to hold SummerSlam on August 5th, at Detroit’s Ford Field and it seems Cody Rhodes and Brock Lesnar will conclude their feud with the trilogy battle. We will have to wait and see what WWE has in store for the fans.