The Bullet Club leader David Finlay recently talked about his experience of leading the stable in NJPW.

The Bullet Club ushered in a new era in March this year when David Finlay took over as the leader after Jay White left NJPW in February. Finlay subsequently ousted El Phantasmo from the group, and he later added Clark Connors, Gabe Kidd, and Alex Coughlin to the faction.

Speaking with NJPW's website, Finlay was asked to describe how he felt his time with Bullet Club has gone so far, and he stated that everything is going according to plan.

Finlay went on to describe how his version of Bullet Club is different than what came before when the group featured stars like Jay White and Kenny Omega. He made it clear that he doesn't care about popularity, as his group is for killers and savages only. Finlay also stated that he wants every member to have a title.

"In my BULLET CLUB, I really don’t care about popularity or what the fans think. I’ve been saying it and I’ll say again, this is for killers and savages only. I want every member to be carrying championship gold, and If you can’t carry gold, you bring me bodies," Finlay said.

Bullet Club has undergone changes over the years, and Finlay highlighted the fact that he wants to take it back to its roots. He called how Prince Devitt (Finn Balor in WWE) and the other original members didn't care about how much merchandise they sold; instead, they focused on making a statement. Finlay noted that his main concern is cementing his legacy and becoming someone who others fear.

"Let me take you all the way back ten years ago. It was another Irishman, Prince Devitt that started this thing, and it wasn’t about T-shirt sales. They didn’t care about too sweeting fans, they cared about brutality and making a statement. In the years after you had the nerdy side of BULLET CLUB in the Elite. You had the T-shirt selling machine that The Good Brothers were. They got soft, they cared about merch and this and that. I don’t. At the end of the day the greats don’t build legacies on how many T-shirts they sell. What’s important is what you achieve in this business. So I want to be feared, and I want my legacy to be greater than anyone that’s come before me," he said.

Finlay is set to be part of NJPW's G1 Climax 33 tournament, which will begin on July 15. He's going to be part of the C Block, which will also include the likes of Tama Tonga, Eddie Kingston, and EVIL.