Omos was sure that somebody was pulling a prank on him the first time he was informed that he'd be feuding with Brock Lesnar.

The pair briefly feuded earlier this year, in a storyline many fans felt odd given that Lesnar typically competes against the very top names in the company. During WrestleMania 39: Night Two, Lesnar was able to F5 Omos to get the pinfall victory.

For Omos, feuding with one of the biggest names in WWE history came just over two years after his call-up to the main roster. It wasn't just fans who were shocked by the feud, and in an interview with the Daily Mail, the Nigerian Giant recalled thinking the feud was a rib at first.

"It was the night after Elimination Chamber and we had Raw in Ottawa. I wasn’t on the show and I was going to do what I was supposed to do, drive back to Montreal to fly home. I was going to get a haircut and one of our producers said whatever you do, don’t go anywhere.

They said it was a backstage [segment] with MVP and you guys are going to call out Brock. The moment they said that, I just go blank. “They keep talking and I couldn’t hear a word they said. They asked if I was OK, I said, ‘Yes, did you just say Brock Lesnar?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I said, ‘No, THE Brock Lesnar? Woah, OK.’ I thought I was getting ribbed. “So I go in and get there early and I see Paul Heyman. I say, ‘Hi.’ He says Brock is coming and I know it’s real. This is happening.”

Lesnar and Omos would face only once, but the match would have a major effect on Brock's role on TV. After opening WrestleMania 39: Night Two, Lesnar would turn heel the following night, angry that Cody Rhodes was able to headline the Showcase of the Immortals.