Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Some Superstars Were Furious When Trish Stratus & Lita Headlined WWE Raw

Trish Stratus and Lita had a classic encounter in the main event of the December 6, 2004, episode of Raw, but many in the company weren't happy at the time.

While female matches had (albeit rarely) been the final match of Raw, this encounter was the first time that a women's match had closed out the show. The match itself saw Lita dethrone Trish to win her second of a total of four Women's Championships.
    Lita and Trish Headline Raw

Jim Ross was at ringside to call the action for Lita's big victory and had a personal attachment to the match. Speaking on his Grilling JR podcast, the former WWE commentator spoke about the match and how much it means to him.

"I watched the Trish vs. Lita WWE Rivalries episode on A&E, and I felt very moved by all that because I signed them both. They weren't on top of anybody's list, they weren't five-star prospects, and they had not become superstars in the Indies. I met them [at] different times and places when I was EVP of [WWE] Talent Relations, and we brought them in, and the rest is history."

"They were the first females to main event Raw, which I thought was great. That's a lot bigger deal — even today — than people give it credit for."

Later in the show, Ross revealed that "many pissed-off wrestlers with testicles" were upset about the Lita-Stratus match headlining Raw. One Superstar said "What the hell is going on" when they learned of the main event. Ross reiterated his belief that the pair deserved the opportunity and delivered.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Lita and Stratus are two great wrestlers, it is great they closed RAW back then IMO.