Posting a lengthy video to his Instagram, AEW and Ring of Honor star, Rey Fenix announced that he'll be relinquishing the AAA Cruiserweight and Latin American Championships due to 'international commitments.'

Fenix says he wouldn't delve into the details of what 'international commitments' means, but it's worth noting that ROH: Death Before Dishonor is set to take place on Friday, July 21 and he, alongside Penta el Zero Miedo are the current ROH World Tag Team Champions. The upcoming ROH pay-per-view goes down the same night (7/21/23) that Fenix was set to defend his titles against Puma King during the latest set of AAA's television tapings, which could be a reason for his relinquishments.

"Hello everyone, this is Rey Fénix, or just Fénix as known in AAA. I am here to provide some news that make me really emotional, but I have to break the news.

About a year ago, I won the AAA Cruiserweight & Latin American Titles. Across my career, I pushed myself to be a better performer and at that time, there was nothing stopping me from being double-champion. Unfortunately, due to International commitments, it’s is very difficult to have a work rhythm with AAA.

Because of this, I am officially relinquishing the AAA Cruiserweight & Latin American Championships. This is very emotional to me because being champion is not just about holding the belt, but it’s important for a champion to make a legacy. Unfortunately, this reign with both the Cruiserweight & Latin American Titles has had many difficulties, similar to my previous reign with the Mega title.

I can mention all of the reasons, but that would be irrelevant. I believe AAA has a lot of very good & talents like Arez, Látigo, and more that could defend these two belts, stay in Mexico to defend them, and make a legacy of their own as champions.

This is very emotional to me, but I know that it comes with a lot of great opportunities in the future for my career. No longer wrestling in Mexico has been difficult for me because I grew up here, I started my career here, and this was where the dream began and exploded. I am proud of myself & allmy work, and I want to thank AAA and to the Roldán-Peña Family for all of the opportunities. Thank you to all the AAA Fans! This is not a goodbye, this is a see you later. Thank you very much, Animo!"