Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has put his money where his mouth is with a substantial donation to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation Relief Fund.

SAG-AFTRA, one of the largest entertainment unions in the world, is currently on strike, which has seen several movie and television projects be delayed. Those on strike are seeking better pay and more protections for union members.
The Rock's Donation

The SAG-AFTRA Foundation Relief Fund seeks to provide financial aid to union members who will struggle to afford bills amid the strike and the cost of living crisis. In a letter published on July 13, SAG-AFTRA Foundation president Courtney B. Vance and executive director Cyd Wilson reached out to the union's 2,700 highest-earning actors and outlined the financial need that many would face in the work stoppage.

Speaking to Variety this week, Vance recalled Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wasting no time in responding and was eager to help out how he could.

“It was a love fest. It’s like, ‘Man, you’re stepping up in a way that is allowing others to know the dire necessity of it.' This is him saying, ‘In such a time as this, I’m here and I’m not going anywhere, whatever you need me to do.’ And that sends a huge message to other folks to do the same thing.”

Vance did not disclose the Brahma Bull's sum but described the donation as 'historic' in his generosity. Vance added that she hopes Johnson's donation encourages others to help how they can.

"It is a call to arms for all of us to know that we just have to step up however you can. If your step up is $10, step up. Because that $10 is going to help somebody. If it’s $10,000, if it’s $10 million, step up, because we have to. Everyone knows what happens when you go on strike, when you stand for something — as the saying goes, if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for everything."

SAG-AFTRA represents 160,000 union members and delivers grants up to $1,500 per individual member but in extreme conditions including health issues, a lifetime member can receive up to $6,000 in emergency financial assistance.