WWE Intercontinental Champion, GUNTHER, is quick to offer praise for Paul Heyman, but is not interested in being the next "Paul Heyman guy."

In an interview with Sportskeeda WrestleBinge, GUNTHER said he simply preferred to do things his way as the leader of Imperium in WWE.

"Right now, I'm good for how it is," GUNTHER said of aligning with Paul Heyman at some point. He's one of the biggest personalities in wrestling. Everybody knows how he is and knows who he is. Obviously, there is a lot of knowledge. I've spoken to him a few times and the advice he can give and experiences he can share are precious to hear.

"But, when it comes to what I do out there, I've always been the best when I'm in charge of myself. I've got the back up of Gio and Ludwig, which is worth a lot, but at the end of the day, it's always been myself making the big decisions for myself and I don't think I need anyone in the future to help me to make those decisions."

GUNTHER has held the WWE Intercontinental Championship since June of last year. He defeated Ricochet to win the title, his first on the main roster in WWE.

Since then, he has gone to defeat challengers like Shinsuke Nakamura, Matt Riddle, and Braun Strowman. GUNTHER was also successful in defeating Sheamus to retain his championship in a five-star match at WWE Clash at the Castle last fall. In his first appearance at WrestleMania, GUNTHER defeated both Sheamus and Drew McIntyre in a triple threat bout.

This week on WWE Monday Night Raw, a Summerslam Intercontinental Championship Match between GUNTHER and McIntyre was made official.