Ahead of his boxing debut against crossover star Jake Paul this Saturday, former UFC fighter Nate Diaz said WWE's desire to be involved with a potential fight with Logan Paul prevented it from happening.

In an interview with ESPN, it was reported that Diaz's management that there was "a very interesting and attractive offer" for a Diaz-Logan Paul fight. However, WWE wanting to be in the mix turned Diaz off.

"The WWE came in and then they wanted to take over the whole thing," Diaz told ESPN. "And I'm like, 'I just got out of the UFC, why am I going to sign with WWE?' I fight for real. I'm not gonna be doing a real fight on a WWE card or no funny sh*t like that."

"Logan said he heard that was one of Diaz's reasons for not being interested any longer, calling it a "weak cop-out."

The idea for Logan Paul vs. Diaz came after Jake Paul lost to Tommy Fury earlier this year, giving him his first defeat. That was believed to have killed a long-discussed Jake Paul vs. Diaz fight, hence why Logan Paul was being discussed for Diaz's boxing debut.

Logan Paul is under contract to WWE and it's unknown if there is specific language in his contract that prevents him from boxing unless approved by WWE. He will take on Ricochet at this Saturday's WWE SummerSlam in Detroit, Michigan, that will go head-to-head with Jake Paul vs. Diaz.

WWE did not provide a comment to ESPN for the story.