“He’s turned me down six times”

Justin Gaethje is on the top of the world with the BMF title victory over Dustin Poirier at UFC 291. He will get an opportunity for the lightweight title in the future after Charles Oliveira and Islam Makhachev settle their business at UFC 294. However, one man wants to fight against Gaethje. He is none other than Conor McGregor. Despite the intrigue, Justin Gaethje revealed his thoughts on a fight with Conor McGregor.

Justin Gaethje said that UFC has the final say on things, and any fight with McGregor will depend on what the UFC wants. On the other hand, he spoke about the fight negotiations with McGregor in the past. Gaethje said, “There’s a reason that he has turned me down six times. How can you lose to me is not how you can lose and continue to be Conor McGregor. That is a big risk for him.”

ustin Gaethje Says Donald Trump Called Him After Beating Dustin Poirier

Conor McGregor could use a win in his career. He has not won a bout since the Covid happened. He only has one victory to show in the last five years. Despite McGregor’s interest in fighting Gaethje, he should face Michael Chandler instead. Chandler allows him to see if the Irishman still belongs in the competitive lightweight division.

MMA fans and analysts think Gaethje should avoid a McGregor fight and focus on the lightweight title bout. A fight with McGregor could give huge monetary benefits to the BMF champion. On the other hand, if he loses, he could wave goodbye to another lightweight title shot forever.