Nick Aldis' tenure with the NWA is over, but the former World Champion has claimed he is still owed money by the promotion.

Aldis was the top star of the NWA upon Billy Corgan's relaunch of the promotion in 2017. A two-time NWA World's Heavyweight Champion, Aldis held the gold for over 1,000 days and defend the title at AEW precursor event 'All In' in 2018. Last year, Aldis announced his departure from the NWA and it was shortly reported that his relationship with Corgan had soured. The Smashing Pumpkins star had reportedly been very disrespectful to Aldis' wife Mickie James and Aldis would brand the NWA the "most toxic brand in wrestling" before his exit.

During a recent episode of the podcast K100 with Konnan & Disco, Aldis discussed his exit from NWA. The British wrestler claimed that the company's treatment of him prior to his exit should serve as a warning to those thinking about working with the promotion.

“I don’t wanna air dirty laundry but he showed his true colors with my exit from the NWA. I don’t wanna get into it too much but, they owe me money and it’s probably never gonna come."

Aldis did not disclose the sum that he is allegedly owed nor did he reveal what led to him not being paid by the promotion.

Following his NWA exit, Aldis returned to IMPACT Wrestling but recently finished his time with the promotion. WWE is said to be interested in signing Aldis but are considering the former World Champion for a backstage role as a producer. Aldis himself has said he is interested in any offers from both WWE & AEW.