Mike Rotunda remains optimistic that his son Bray Wyatt will be back on TV shortly, amid the latter's ongoing hiatus.

Wyatt returned to WWE during last October's Extreme Rules Premium Live Event, over a year after his controversial exit from WWE. It wasn't long after Wyatt's return that fans were introduced to the 'Uncle Howdy' character, believed to be played by Bray's real-life brother Bo Dallas. Wyatt has competed in one televised match since returning, defeating LA Knight at the Royal Rumble.

Not long after his win over Knight, Wyatt began a feud with Bobby Lashley but their WrestleMania match was nixed due to Bray's illness. Speaking to Sportskeeda, Rotunda, better known to fans as IRS, gave an update on his son.

“You read a lot of stuff on the internet, which I wouldn’t believe a lot of it or, in my case, any of it. So, Bray Wyatt, I’m sure will return to WWE hopefully shortly and we’ll go from there.”

Details remain scarce as to the nature of Wyatt's illness, though it has been reported to have been 'life-threatening' at one point. WWE is said to be being very, very careful with Wyatt's health as they look at his long-term health and his future with the promotion. Earlier this month, it was reported that Wyatt was inching closer to a return and that creative plans have been pitched for his comeback.