The NWA will (probably) be the next big company in professional wrestling, at least according to Billy Corgan.

Corgan relaunched the National Wrestling Alliance, this time as a solo promotion, in 2017. The promotion holds its weekly show 'NWA Powerrr' on YouTube and hosted its first all-female show 'NWA EmPowerrr' in August 2021.

In an interview with Chris Van Vliet, Corgan shared his optimism for the future of the NWA, which he believes could be the next big thing in wrestling.

"I think we’re probably positioned to be the next big company... I think it has to do with my access to mainstream media. I think it has to do with my access to every network in the world who’s interested in what I’m doing, and I’m just trying to find the right business models with them. I think it has to do with presenting a mainstream wrestling product that the average person, if presented it on television, will respond to."

While Corgan has high hopes for the NWA, these comments are far different from last October, when he said the NWA could be a developmental ground for WWE talent who aren't ready for TV.

Corgan will seek to further the NWA's trajectory to the top with the upcoming NWA 75 event. The two-night show's main event will see EC3 challenge NWA World's Champion Tyrus. EC3 vacated the NWA National Championship to earn a shot at the World Championship, a decision akin to 'Option C' in IMPACT Wrestling. Tyrus has vowed to retire if he loses to EC3 at NWA 75.