Matt Cardona has taken a free-spirited approach to his wrestling career.

Cardona, who has been making waves across various wrestling platforms, said that while financial compensation is a major factor, two essential elements stand out for him: cash and creative control.

In an interview with Wrestling Inc., the wrestler highlighted the factors that would influence his decision to commit to an exclusive contract with any wrestling promotion.

On the topic of being exclusively tied to one promotion, Cardona asserted that the conversation would require compelling arguments. He expressed his entrepreneurial mindset and underlined the importance of striking a balance between monetary gains and creative fulfillment. Cardona stated that while creative outcomes aren't always guaranteed, the intention and effort to create meaningful storylines is important to him.

Reflecting on his past experiences, Cardona stated, "I don't want to just be a guy on a roster. Been there, done that, it's great, and I get it if you're fine with that." The wrestler emphasized that his dreams extend beyond being just a wrestler; his ambition is to become a wrestling superstar.

While Cardona acknowledged the allure of the stability that exclusive contracts offer, he noted that it's not his current priority. He shared his readiness to explore opportunities that make sense, mentioning AEW and WWE specifically. Cardona said that until the right opportunity emerges, he's content with his current path: “I'm trying to make the most money, have the most fun, and I'm succeeding doing that. I'd argue that my buzz has never been higher. I'll tell you right now, I've never made more money and I've never been happier, so I think I'm doing a pretty good job.”