NXT star Joe Gacy recently addressed the comparisons with Bray Wyatt

Gacy has been one of the rising superstars of NXT. He currently leads The Schism stable comprising Jagger Reid, Rip Fowler, and Ava Raine. Gacy's dark character and his charisma have been often compared with one of WWE's popular stars, Bray Wyatt, who portrayed a cult leader gimmick when he led The Wyatt Family.

While many find them similar due to their physique, gimmick, and mic skills, Gacy himself doesn't believe he is rightfully compared to 'The Eater of World.'

On Out of Character, Gacy said that fans drew comparisons as his physique reminded them of Wyatt. The Schism leader clarified that he and Wyatt have different characters.

In addition to this, he claimed that his dark persona was also a reason for the comparisons. Gacy also noted that plenty of superstars portrayed the cult leader gimmick long before he and Wyatt. Gacy further revealed that Kevin Sullivan was his biggest influence while having the idea of portraying his current persona. Here is what he said:

“Let’s be honest, I’m heavy set. So, they just went, ‘Oh this guy is like Bray Wyatt.’ Then I debut a new character, which is pretty much currently what I’m doing. Then there’s like a darkness to a character, so automatically everyone just associates it with, ‘Oh, he’s a dark character, he has a beard, he’s heavy set, and he has tattoos. He’s just like Bray Wyatt.’ [H/t Sportskeeda]

My opinion, me and Bray Wyatt are very, very different. I don’t think we’re similar. Maybe the fact that we’re two gimmicks that are darker, I think that’s kinda where I see it.”

Joe Gacy and his stablemates are currently involved in a feud with The Creed Brothers.