Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default R.I.P WWE Superstar Bray Wyatt passes away aged 36

superstar Bray Wyatt has died at the age of 36 after reportedly suffering a heart attack.

Wyatt's death was announced in a tweet by WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H, who said: 'Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda - also known as Bray Wyatt - unexpectedly passed earlier today.

'Our thoughts are with his family and we ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time.'

The three-time WWE world champion had not competed since his win over LA Knight in a Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match at the Royal Rumble back in January.

Reports had stated he was nearing a comeback after being cleared to return to the ring.

Although he had been medically cleared to wrestle again, WWE had been taking precautions to ensure his long-term health will be stable following the illness, which was believed to have been both career and life-threatening.

According to the report, the Florida-born star's outlook had improved significantly, and the company was mapping out creative plans for the former WWE champion.

September had been pinpointed for a potential return, however nothing was set in stone officially.

According to reports from Fightful.com, Wyatt passed away after suffering a heart attack, having battled with health problems brought on by Covid-19 earlier this year.

Wrestling reporter Sean Ross Sapp posted on X: 'I was given permission to reveal that earlier this year Windham Rotunda (Bray Wyatt) got COVID that exacerbated a heart issues. There was a lot of positive progress towards a return and his recovery.

'Unfortunately today he suffered a heart attack and passed away.'

Before taking time away to deal with his health, Wyatt and the newest integration of his character known as 'the fiend' had been planned for a stable that included the mysterious 'Uncle Howdy' - who was rumored to be his real-life brother - and fellow sports entertainer Bo Dallas, along with Alexa Bliss, Eric Young, and perhaps other wrestlers.

Bliss has since gone on maternity leave while Young departed the company after not wishing to work under Vince McMahon.

Wyatt is survived by his ex-wife Samantha Rotunda and their two daughters, as well as his fiancé WWE ring announcer JoJo and their two children.

WWE said in a statement: 'WWE is saddened to learn that Windham Rotunda, also known as Bray Wyatt, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 24, at age 36.

'Known for his captivating performances and incredible in-ring presence, Wyatt was a defining Superstar of his generation and accomplished many feats in WWE, including becoming WWE Champion in 2017.

'From his leadership of The Wyatt Family alongside Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman to his enthralling time as 'The Fiend,' Wyatt embarked on an incredible career and saw several iconic rivalries with Superstars such as John Cena, Randy Orton and The Undertaker.

'WWE extends its condolences to Rotunda's family, friends and fans.'

Shortly after the news of Wyatt's passing, tributes started to pour in from some of the biggest names in the wrestling world.

'Absolutely shattered to learn that my friend, Windham Rotunda, has passed away. It's devastating to think he left us at only 36 years young. My condolences go out to his family, wife & children. I'm so sorry, my compeer. Miss you already,' tweeted tag team legend Matt Hardy. Hardy once held tag team gold with Wyatt.

WWE legend turned Hollywood film star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson tweeted out: 'Im heartbroken over the news of Bray Wyatt's passing. Always had tremendous respect and love for him and the Rotunda family. Loved his presence, promos, in ring work and connection with @wwe universe.

'Very unique, cool and rare character, which is hard to create in our crazy world of pro wrestling. Still processing losing the goat, Terry Funk yesterday and now Bray today.'

'My love, light, strength & mana to the Rotunda family and Funk family during this tough, heartbreaking time.

Wyatt grew to popularity in WWE while performing his 'Eater of Worlds' gimmick and being the head of a stable known as the 'Wyatt family,' that featured fellow stars Erick Rowan, Luke Harper -also known as Brodie Lee during his time in All Elite Wrestling-, and Braun Strowman.

Harper [Lee] died back in December of 2020 due to an undisclosed lung illness.

Harper's wife Amanda Huber tweeted 'I have no words. I'm devastated.'

So shocked man.

Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    So shocked man.
    Definitely. It has been a sad couple of days with Terry Funk passing away and now Bray Wyatt. R.I.P

WWF Legend IRS playing with his children, future WWE Superstars Bray Wyatt (RIP) & Bo Dallas

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I'm at loss for words.....

No words
    RIP Bray Wyatt

President Vivek Ramaswamy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast