New Japan Pro Wrestling's Tetsuya Naito has spoken candidly about the end of his in-ring career, which is "coming into focus."

The leader of the Los Ingobernables de Japón faction, Naito first joined New Japan in 2005, after winning a tournament the prior year to train in their dojo. After leaving in 2010, Naito, the first dual IWGP Champion, would return to New Japan the following year, where he has remained ever since.

At 41 years old, Naito is one of New Japan's veterans, but still has years left in the proverbial 'tank.' Speaking with NJPW this week though, Naito spoke about his career and is well aware that time is running out.

"I know my time is limited. I have knee troubles, eye troubles. The end of the line, that image of retirement that was so far away for so long is now coming into focus a little."

While Naito knows he can't compete forever, he isn't hanging up his boots just yet and added that he has "more in the tank."

"I definitely feel I have a lot further to go yet... I need to make the most of every moment. That’s not just in the ring, either. Being in the gym, it’s a big motivator for me to push harder, knowing I can’t afford to delay anything.”

Tetsuya Naito is set to square off against Jeff Cobb at NJPW Destruction In Kobe on September 24. The show will also feature stars including Tiger Mask, EVIL, SANADA, the Bullet Club, Bishamon, and IWGP United Kingdom Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay.