The rumors were true; Calvin Tankman is officially a free agent.

It was reported last month that Calvin Tankman’s contract was set to expire on September 1. It didn’t take Tankman long to confirm this news earlier this morning.

The former Major League Wrestling star took to social media to confirm the report. Confirming that his contract expired today and he’s officially a free agent, tweeting out:

“As of today I am officially a free agent. I’d like to thank @courtbauer and everyone involved with @MLW for giving me an opportunity to learn and grow as a performer over the last 3 years,” Calvin Tankman said in a post.

Tankman wrestled his last match in Major League Wrestling at their Never Say Never premium live event on July 8, losing to MLW National Openweight Champion Jacob Fatu.

What’s next for Calvin Tankman?

It’s interesting to note that Tankman’s former tag team partner, EJ Nduka, has been signed with All Elite Wrestling for several months now, but the company has been holding off on his debut for some reason.

While it’s far from a guarantee, a reunion of Nduka and Tankman in All Elite Wrestling would be a welcome addition to the company’s tag team division.