As of September 1, Calvin Tankman is officially a free agent. Last week, there were reports that he was almost done and the former champion took to social media to confirm.

"As of today I am officially a free agent. I'd like to thank Court Bauer and everyone involved with MLW for giving me an opportunity to learn and grow as a performer over the last 3 years."

Tankman also said that he is taking bookings and looking to fill up his calendar for the remainder of the year. He's already scheduled to appear in promotions like Next Generation Wrestling, Naptown All-Pro Wrestling, and Deadlock Pro Wrestling.

Tankman signed a multi-year contract with the company in 2020. He held the MLW Tag Team titles with EJ Nduka. The duo held the titles for almost a year before dropping them this past January to the Samoan SWAT Team, Juicy Finau and Lance Anoa'i. His last match for the promotion was at Never Say Never where he challenged Jacob Fatu for the MLW National Openweight Title.

During his time with MLW, he was active on the independent scene, He got his start at IWA Mid-South where he was Heavyweight Champion. In 2022, he held four titles simultaneously.

Tankman currently holds two titles in two promotions. He is the Crown of Glory Champion in Glory Pro as well as the Black Label Pro Midwest Champion. Last year, he was ranked number 138 in PWI 500.