Amidst their brutal steel cage match at WWE Payback, Becky Lynch and Trish Stratus paid homage to the former legends who competed in the company's first women's steel cage match back in 2003 -- Lita and Victoria.

Lynch, of course, issued a tribute to her former tag team partner, Lita, as she nailed Stratus with a staple move of Lita's repertoire, the Twist of Fate. Earlier in the matchup, Stratus rolled out Victoria's signature Widows Peak, dropping Lynch on her knees in the center of the ring.

Following the conclusion of WWE Payback, Victoria issued a massive thank you to Stratus (via X) for honoring her move. Victoria also commended both wrestlers for putting on a stellar performance inside the steel cage structure.

"I don’t know where to begin," Victoria wrote. "I want to thank [Trish Stratus] and WWE for the huge homage. I am beyond honored and flattered for the love.

Trish has been such an amazing friend and supporter of mine. I am beyond grateful. I love you so much Trish. [Becky Lynch] and you had such a beautiful match. I’m so very proud of you both. Words can not express how touched I am. XOXO"

In Victoria's subsequent video message, she also acknowledged her prior WWE feuds with Stratus, many of which took place in the early 2000s.

"I love you so much [Trish]," Victoria said. "You're so important to me. Gosh, our history, man. Holy moly, the stories [we told], but I just wanted to say I love you so much, and thank you."