Wrestling fans around the world are mourning the loss of WWE legend General Adnan, also known as Adnan Al-Kaissie, who passed away at the age of 84. The news was confirmed by former WWF and AWA announcer Ken Resnick.

Adnan's career in professional wrestling spanned over three decades. He made his debut in the wrestling world in 1959 under the name Billy White Wolf and quickly rose to prominence.

What sets Adnan apart in wrestling history is his unique distinction as the first Iraqi-born superstar to compete in a WWE ring. His contributions to the American Wrestling Association, New Japan Pro-Wrestling, and various other promotions solidified his legacy as a wrestling pioneer.

During his career, Adnan achieved numerous accolades, including capturing the World Tag Team Championships with Chief Jay Strongbow in 1976 during his initial run with the WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Federation). He also took on the role of manager for the Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter upon Slaughter's return to the WWF in 1990. He also headlined Summerslam 1991 with Col. Mustafa (The Iron Sheik) and Sgt. Slaughter against Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior in a handicap match with Sid Justice as the special guest referee.

“Sorry to hear the passing of Adnan Al Kassie,” Sgt. Slaughter said in a post on X. "In 1991 WWE asked me to portray an Iraqi sympathizer. Adnan being born in Baghdad and a HS friend of Saddam Hussein, was brought in as my general. Together we became the most evil force in wrestling history. RIP my friend.”

In total, Adnan participated in over 1,300 matches. After retiring from in-ring competition in 1998, he continued to contribute to the wrestling world by running the World All-Star Wrestling Alliance promotion.

Beyond the ring, Adnan shared his remarkable life story through his autobiography, titled The Sheik of Baghdad: Tales of Celebrity and Terror from Pro Wrestling's General Adnan, published in 2005.