CM Punk's future in wrestling is currently unclear, but Zelina Vega would "absolutely" love to see him return to WWE.

It's been less than a week since Punk's release from AEW following a week-long investigation into the backstage altercation at AEW All In. Punk's physical confrontation with Jack Perry ended with Punk using a chokehold on the former FTW Champion and left Tony Khan fearing for his life inside Wembley Stadium.

After news of Punk's release went public, Vega tweeted a red 'X' during WWE's Payback Premium Live Event, in what some saw as a sign of support from the former Women's Tag Team Champion. Speaking to Newsday, Vega explained why her tweet was actually referencing.

“Rey had this jacket on during our entrance, and he put a big, red ‘X’ on Dominik’s face, because his face was on the jacket. And that became the thing — putting a big, red, ‘X’ on Dominik’s face. So that was something we were going to run with.”

While Vega's tweet wasn't a sign of solidarity with Punk, the Raw Superstar spoke favorably about the 'Real World Champion.'

"I have always had a fantastic relationship with CM Punk... There are layers to people. And when people are just so hung up on the outer layers of what a person can be, you get stuck there... To me, Punk’s been nothing but great."

With Punk's AEW tenure over, speculation continues to build that the Chicago-Made wrestler could make a return to WWE. In the interview, Vega said she'd love to see Punk in a WWE ring again.

“I wish him the best. Would it be great to see him [in WWE] again? Absolutely.”

While Vega is open to a Punk return, many in WWE aren't with Punk reportedly having "major heat" with multiple top Superstars in WWE. Seth Rollins called Punk a "cancer " earlier this year due to the ex-AEW star's actions following All Out 2022. The reigning WWE World Heavyweight Champion also instructed Punk to stay away from WWE. Following his segment with Jey Uso at WWE Payback 2023, Grayson Waller referenced Punk's release from AEW on Twitter.