The efforts of Chad Gable and WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER did not go unnoticed after this week's Raw.

In the show's main event, Gable challenged GUNTHER for the title, with the Olympian's family at ringside. Unfortunately for the Gables, GUNTHER retained his title and has since broken the record for the longest single reign as Intercontinental Champion.

After Raw went off the air, Cody Rhodes gave Gable a sign of respect, ahead of the American Nightmare's dark match with Dominik Mysterio. Speaking on The Dale Jr. Download show, Rhodes spoke about the backstage response to the Gable-GUNTHER main event.

"If you get a standing ovation in Gorilla, you've made it. Last night, Chad Gable and GUNTHER had this amazing main event, and they came back and there's nothing we can do but clap or that piece of business."

While Gable did not get the title this week, Rhodes added that he hopes the big win comes eventually for the Olympian.

"Chad did amazing last night and I do hope that Chad finds the Intercontinental Championship. His daughter wanted to see that and have that moment. I felt bad because they sent me out after to raise his hand and I've got to do the dark match ... he is an amazing athlete."

In an interview after the match, Gable spoke about his family watching him at ringside and vowed that he would be the one to dethrone the dominant Austrian.