“Speedball” Mike Bailey has revealed some goals that he has set for himself for his run at IMPACT Wrestling.

IMPACT Wrestling’s biggest show of the year, Bound For Glory is right around the corner and “Speedball” Mike Bailey is gearing up for one of the biggest matches of his career. New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Will Ospreay will return to Impact Wrestling is returning for the show and will take on “Speedball” Mike Bailey.

Bailey was signed to IMPACT Wrestling at an independent show in Mississauga, Ontario, in October 2021, and he’s had time to reflect on the last two years of his career with the promotion.

Mike Bailey became the IMPACT X Division Champion for the first time at Slammiversary last year. He had defeated Ace Austin, Alex Zayne, Andrew Everett, Kenny King, and Trey Miguel in a 6-man Ultimate X match. However, Bailey lost the X Division title to Frankie Kazarian at Impact Bound for Glory of year 2022 via Submission.

During a recent interview with Slam Wrestling, Mike Bailey shared some lofty goals. Here is what he said:

“My goal remains the same, which is I want to hold every single championship in Impact Wrestling. I want the World Championship and the X-Division Championship at the same time.”

There have been high expectations for this match and Bailey is feeling calm and not letting those expectations get the better of him. He said:

“This is going to be our fifth singles match… It feels like this epic clash has expectations that in theory couldn’t be met. However, this is just what he and I do. I mean, the expectations are there because we set them there, and it’s something that we both do in a very, very calculated way.”

Fans are quite excited for the highly-anticipated clash between the two stars who have different fighting styles. Ospreay is quite popular for his high-flying ability while Bailey has a martial arts style that can make it a physical battle.

IMPACT Wrestling presents its biggest pay-per-view of the year, Bound For Glory, LIVE October 21st at 8pm ET from Cicero Stadium in Chicago.