IMPACT Wrestling's 'Speedball' Mike Bailey hopes to hold championship gold soon enough, but won't be satisfied as the champion of just one promotion.

Later this month, Bailey will reach two years since signing a contract with IMPACT, one offered to him after a match at Destiny Wrestling's Raising Hell against Josh Alexander. At Slammiversary 2022, Bailey captured the X-Division Championship, a title he held until Bound for Glory in October of last year.

Earlier this year, Bailey made his NJPW debut as an entrant in the Best of the Super Juniors 30 tournament and after topping the A-Block would advance to the semi-finals where he was defeated. Bailey was more successful in the All-Star Jr. Festival USA 2023 event in Philadelphia, which he would win. Speaking to NJPW1972, Bailey outlined their plans for both IMPACT and New Japan.

"My goal in IMPACT is to be the IMPACT World Champion and the X Division Champion at the same time. You add to that the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title, and that’s an ambitious goal, sure, but if I wasn’t ambitious, I wouldn’t be doing this at all."

Bailey will be part of New Japan's Destruction in Ryogoku event on October 9, where he will challenge for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against champion Hiromu Takahashi and Lio Rush. Bailey will face IWGP United States/Kingdom Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay at IMPACT Wrestling's Bound for Glory on October 21, in non-title action.