Hulk Hogan is in constant pain due to his time in the ring, the two-time WWE Hall of Famer.

Hogan is widely regarded as one of the most significant names in wrestling, with his larger-than-life demeanor alongside Vince McMahon's business savvy launching professional wrestling into the mainstream. Hogan is also regarded as one of wrestling's most controversial stars with numerous claims of backstage politicking alongside the racist comments made that resurfaced in 2015 that led to his temporary exile from the Hall of Fame.

Hulk Hogan's time in the ring made him a multi-millionaire known around the world but has also left the Hulkster in constant pain. Speaking to Chris Van Vliet of Insight, Hogan spoke about how his pain affects him years after his last match.

"I can't push a glass door open. Even in the gym it's short strokes, I can't straighten my arms out. And it's the same with my knees and my hips, my back, my neck. But that's because I probably wrestled too long and I didn't get the memo that that stuff was fake [laughs.] And I don't complain about it because like I was telling Sky [his wife] she goes 'Well how much pain are you in?' And I tell her I'm in pain all the time but I'm used to it."

While Hogan is well aware of the effects that wrestling has had on his body, the former World Champion admitted it's not easy to give up the industry as an anecdote with his physical therapist proved.

"I had a physical therapist ask me the other day 'If you could be out of pain, or you could have a perfect championship walk [to the ring] which would you rather have?' And I said 'I'd rather have the walk.' She goes 'You're out of your mind!' And I tell her 'Yes I am' because everything hurts just like, just like gum. It's hard to explain but when I brush my teeth and I lean on the counter to brush my teeth, I can't push away. So when I'm done brushing my teeth I have to lean in and then pull back."

Rather than rely on painkillers, Hogan deals with his pain with the use of his own brand of CBD products. In the interview, Hogan spoke about why using cannabis oils works for him after seeing many of his comrades lost to addiction.

"I've been down that road with the pain pills. The last 12 years, I've had 25 surgeries. The knees, the hips, ten back surgeries and a couple shoulder surgeries. Abdominal surgeries, orbital socket surgery. So I know what it's like when the doctor goes 'Here's your prescription.' Sometimes, when you're in such pain after seven, right, nine, ten back surgeries, you'd rather just jump off a cliff than love another day. It's real easy to fall in that situation and a lot of other wrestlers who have passed away have fallen into that situation.

"It's just more natural way to walk things back. A more natural way to get on track and get back to normal. So it makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons to me."

The former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion appeared on Monday Night Raw earlier this year as part of the 30th anniversary of the show.