John Cena doesn't plan on retiring from WWE after his current run is over, but he knows his days in the ring are running out.

Cena appeared on WWE's digital series The Bump on Wednesday and spoke with Kayla Braxton about a wide range of topics. The 16-time World Champion discussed his ongoing issues with The Bloodline, praised LA Knight and revealed that he had an emotional off-air with The Rock last month at SmackDown.

After more than 20 years as a WWE Superstar, Cena is undoubtedly getting to the end of his in-ring career. No matter how badly he wants to continue wrestling, time catches up to all of us.

At 46 years old, retirement can't be that far off. When asked about this subject, Cena said he's confident that he's got more to give the WWE Universe.

“Selfishly, I said I wanted to make sure it’s not time to go yet and I confidently believe that I’m not done, but I do believe that we’re all fighting that ticking clock and mine has less seconds than most other people in the locker room.

A lot of times we go away and we don’t get a chance to say a proper like ‘hey thanks for allowing me to do this for so long’. I don’t exist without the audience and I’m just really grateful for every single second. It’s why I can’t talk trash about anybody.”

John Cena's next match takes place this weekend at WWE Fastlane, when he and LA Knight team up against The Bloodline's Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa.

After that, he's scheduled to be at SmackDown every week for the remainder of the month. His final advertised date is WWE Crown Jewel, which takes place Saturday, November 4 from Saudi Arabia.