New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Kazuchika Okada has accomplished great things in his career. He is a former five-time IWGP Heavyweight Championship, four-time G1 Climax winner, and a current NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion alongside Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tomohiro Ishii. While Okada has incredible achievements in his career, he still has one goal he wants to accomplish before he retires.

Okada spoke with a Japanese Sports Magazine, Number Web, about his involvement in the documentary for wrestling legend Antonio Inoki, who passed away at age 79 on October 1, 2022. Titled "Looking For Antonio Inoki," the documentary dives into Inoki's life and career with interviews from Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi about the legend.

In the interview with Number Web, Okada spoke about his relationship with Inoki and the advice he received from him. He also talked about how Inoki was able to fill the Tokyo Dome during his wrestling career and hopes to do the same before he retires.

Number Web's Horie Gantz transcribed the following quotes.

"In my heart, I want to surpass Mr. Inoki" said Okada. He continued, "...People might say, 'It's impossible to surpass Mr. Inoki,' but I think we have no choice but to make pro wrestling more exciting. First of all, when Mr. Inoki was competing, we were able to fill Tokyo Dome to capacity. With the number of spectators returning to the previous level, and now that there is video distribution on the Internet, I would like to spread the word about professional wrestling in a different way."

According to Stadium World, the Tokyo Dome has a maximum capacity of 55,000. NJPW holds its annual Wrestle Kingdom on the first week of the year at the venue but has yet to reach a maximum capacity in recent years. However, Okada believes that NJPW's outreach outside of Japan makes it possible to achieve his goal. He also noted in the interview that he thinks he is getting closer to ending his career.

"...Mr. Inoki used to be focusing on overseas strategy and trying to bring New Japan's professional wrestling to the world, but now times have changed, and there are many New Japan fans overseas through the Internet. I would like to go beyond what Inoki-san has done in that way. I don't think I have that much time left as an active player either, so I want to do my best,
" said Okada.

NJPW is going through a great period of wrestling as they head towards Wrestle Kingdom 18 on January 4, 2024, in which Okada will likely be featured on the card. It's unclear if next year's event will be a sell-out show. However, Okada is set on filling out the Tokyo Dome before he hangs up his wrestling boots for good.