Billy Corgan can't wait to take the NWA to a network and off of YouTube, believing that the video-sharing platform is "a terrible partner for wrestling."

In May 2017, the Smashing Pumpkins star purchased the NWA, including its name, rights, trademarks, and championship belts. Since then the NWA has been re-established as a singular promotion that has worked with the likes of IMPACT Wrestling and Ring of Honor.

Currently, the NWA's YouTube channel plays host to the promotion's content, including their flagship program 'NWA Powerrr' which airs every Tuesday. Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Corgan hit out at YouTube.

"YouTube is a terrible partner for wrestling. I'm just going to say that flat out. Lately, because who knows how these AI systems work, they've been squeezing all the wrestling content creators. No one can figure it out, but everyone's numbers are down.

"We can't even put ads on YouTube because they keep labeling...any ad, even if it's just Jim Mitchell saying, 'Come watch Samhain on pay-per-view,' it gets banned for being offensive."

Corgan added that YouTube was a great place to start and build a brand years ago, but now the NWA can't find anybody who'll tell him why they can't put ads on their videos without getting banned.
The New Broadcast Deals

Billy Corgan is far from happy with how YouTube has been operating as of late and hopes to be moving to much bigger things soon. In the interview, Corgan announced TV deals with two broadcasters.

"We finally, now, will be able to move off YouTube. Not exclusively, because we still want to be able to do stuff on YouTube, but we'll be moving with a network partner. I have to be vague. I can't say who, but I can say it's a top 20 network."

Corgan has been working on this for over a year and believes that 2024 is looking very bright for the NWA. The Smashing Pumpkins star is confident that the NWA will step their game up as more people will be watching the product.