Kota Ibushi will be appearing much more for AEW after revealing that he has inked a deal to become 'All Elite'.

Ibushi made his debut for AEW during the July 19, 2023, episode of AEW Dynamite, in which he teamed with The Elite to defeat the Blackpool Combat Club inside Blood & Guts. The match saw Ibushi reunite with his Golden Lovers tag-team partner Kenny Omega, who first teamed together in New Japan Pro Wrestling in 2009.

Since Blood & Guts, Ibushi has competed twice more for AEW; as part of the record-breaking All In event in London, England as well as at the first-ever AEW WrestleDream show. Fans can expect to see much more of Ibushi in AEW as the 41-year-old wrestler revealed this week that he has signed with the promotion.

"They asked me how we could come to a deal. I said, 'Unless it has these conditions, I don't want to sign a contract.' That was the hardcore match, double ring, cage. That's the day we signed the contract. We had a verbal agreement."

The inaugural IWGP World Heavyweight Champion also stressed to AEW that he wishes to remain in his native Japan and will travel for matches. These terms were fine with AEW management, who also agreed to his request to reduce the number of matches on his contract.

"I'm based in Japan, and I will travel for the matches. Basically I'm in Japan, I work in Japan. I will be active. There are other things that make the contract even more flexible. Like I could appear for other promotions."

Ibushi is a big addition to the AEW roster, even if there are some light restrictions on his availability. He's had nothing but good things to say about working with AEW, and has expressed interest in working with younger talent in hopes of passing along what he's learned in the business.