AEW announced on Monday afternoon that The Icon, Sting, will address fans on Wednesday's episode of Dynamite from Houston, TX. The company did not reveal what Sting would be talking about, which has led to talks of retirement.

Sting has not wrestled a match for AEW since September 20 of this year when he teamed with Darby Allin to take on Christian Cage and Luchasaurus. Prior to that, he and Darby Allin defeated Cage and Swerve Strickland in a Coffin Match at AEW All In in front of a record crowd of more than 80,000 inside Wembley Stadium.

Most recently, Sting saved Darby Allin and Adam Copeland from an attack by Christian Cage, Luchasaurus, and Nick Wayne after Cage retained the TNT Championship in a match against Allin at AEW WrestleDream.

Sting has openly recognized the fact that his career will come to an end sooner or later, but revealed during a media scrum after Forbidden Door that he didn't see it being after the All In show this year.

"I have not decided on a date," Sting said. "For sure, a lot of people have wondered if I will retire in Wembley, that would be very cool, but I don't see that happening. I think I'm going to continue on."

Tony Khan has also given Sting an open ring policy as far as when he wants to work and when he wants to hang the boots up.

“When the time comes, Sting knows he needs to the one to say, ‘I don’t want to do this anymore,’ because I’m going to let him go as long as he wants," Khan said. "I want him to stay as long as he can. It’s so important to me that we let Sting finish his career the right way.”

Sting joined AEW in 2021 and has worked for virtually all the major wrestling promotions including WWE, WCW, NWA, and Impact Wrestling. He's a multiple time world champion with many fans, which has led to speculation that this announcement may mean the end of an era.