Adam Copeland says that the biggest difference between the WWE creative process and the AEW process is having the ability to stay heavily involved in it on a weekly basis.

During an appearance on the Battleground Podcast, Copeland -- formerly Edge in WWE -- talked about what it's like to be involved in a new creative world within AEW.

On The Battleground Podcast, Copeland said:

"Every process has its pros and cons, right? It's great to be involved to a heavy extent creatively. I've been lucky throughout the years, and producing, you are given some creative freedom. That's always great, because as a performer, you have to be able to bite in to what you're trying to produce out there. I've always said, if there's some element of truth that the person behind the character can bite into, then the fiction should follow that truth - and that doesn't change. That's always treated the same, but it's nice to sit down and go, 'Ok, how could this story play out, and being heavily, heavily involved in that,' being involved on a week to week basis, that becomes more possible. It's not, popping in every few months, that becomes hard, that becomes a hard process, to be involved in a large creative way when it's just popping in and out like that."

Adam Copeland made his AEW debut at the WrestleDream PPV. It was his first appearance outside of WWE since debuting with the company in the late 1990s. Copeland is a WWE Hall of Famer and a multiple time world champion.

One of the biggest reasons Copeland decided to leave WWE was so that he could finish his career the way it started -- side by side with Christian Cage.

Copeland said to CBS Sports after his AEW debut:

“I sat down with my girls and I'm like, 'OK, so what does dad do, girls?' What do I do? And I laid out the scenarios for them. Lyric said it and then Ruby agreed, 'Go be with Uncle Jay and have fun.' And that doesn't mean that I'm not having fun in other places, but they know the most fun I'm going to have is with my best friend of the last 40 years."

Currently, Copeland is embroiled in a feud with Cage in an attempt to gain him back as a friend. Copeland has also gone toe to toe with Ricky Starks and Luchasaurus.