A 'World Cup' of wrestling featuring competitors from several promotions would be an idea that Will Ospreay would love to be a part of.

Ospreay knows all about working with a multitude of promotions and has been in high-demand as of late. Ospreay competed at AEW All In this past August at Wembley Stadium and wrestled Zack Sabre Jr. at last weekend's NJPW Royal Quest III. The Aerial Assassin will face Mike Bailey at IMPACT's Bound for Glory this weekend, and is set to face Josh Alexander on the BFG Fallout Show. Ospreay will compete at IMPACT Turning Point 2023 where he will face Eddie Edwards.

The Essex-born wrestler has been able to compete for several promotions and now feels that a crossover event of massive proportions would make a lot of sense. Speaking on the Bound for Glory Press Pass ahead of this weekend's event, Ospreay shared his idea for a 'World Cup' of professional wrestling.

"I have always wanted to see kind of like a World Cup formula. I've always wanted to see - not just with IMPACT - I think it would be good if we had like a representative of each company and put them in like a block tournament and I'd love to see, like who would be the best wrestler in the world if he was able to do like a Grand Prix of some type under a big stage. So that would be something I would really like to see."

In 2018, WWE held its own World Cup, though this only involved WWE Superstars. Shane McMahon would win the cup and the title of 'Best in the World.' Other promotions have been far-more willing to work together, as seen with AEW's record-breaking crossover with New Japan 'Forbidden Door,' and IMPACT's 'Multiverse United' crossover events with NJPW.