Sting has had one of the most glorious careers in the history of professional wrestling. The wrestling veteran has not only been relevant through decades but he has also been a notable figure in every era he has wrestled in and every company he has signed with since his debut back in 1985.

The Icon has confirmed that his legendary run will finally be coming to an end next year at the Revolution PPV. It's only fitting that the wrestling veteran will get the chance to end his career on his own terms.

DDP who has gotten to share the ring with The former world champion many times during his own active years recently appeared on Busted Open Radio. Reacting to the announcement of his retirement, Page said that Sting is someone he really holds dear to his heart:

"I heard that he was thinking about it. I wasn't sure exactly when he was going to do it. But, man, there's certain guys in this business that I really hold dear to my heart. That's one of them. When I saw him out there, when he jumped off the wall, whatever the hell that was and went through two tables. I'm like, 'Oh my God.' I can remember texting him one time after a huge bump he took and go, 'Are you okay?'"

The WCW veteran also talked about Sting's run in AEW. He noted how the 64-year-old could have taken advantage of his status and phoned in his performances but he has done everything he can to entertain the fans:

"I think Sting has had one of the most glorious careers that you could ever have. I told him. I said 'Sting, at some point. I am gonna get you. You're gonna come looking for me and I just want you to know brother, I am always here when you're ready.'

What's really shocking to me is he didn't just phone anything in and he could have. All he had to do was a couple of elbows. That's all he would have needed to do. Splash, boom boom, Scorpian [Death Drop]. They would have went crazy. But he didn't do that. So god bless him man, I love the cat."