CM Punk won't earn what he's used to in the NWA, but he'll have plenty of fun with the promotion if Billy Corgan is to be believed.

Since being released from AEW last month, Punk has remained a free agent in the industry. Despite teases of Punk making it to WWE TV, the promotion is reportedly not interested in working with the former AEW World Champion who walked out following the 2014 Royal Rumble.

With WWE not interested and his bridge to AEW well and truly burned, questions remain as to what CM Punk's future in the ring, if any, looks like. Speaking on the Mat Men Podcast, Billy Corgan shared what Punk could expect should he sign with the NWA.

"That man loves professional wrestling. He may not love the professional wrestling business, but he loves professional wrestling. My only appeal to Punk would be, if you want to have some fun, I can’t pay you what you’re worth, but if you want to have some fun, come have some fun in the NWA. We’ll kick some ass, we’ll have some laughs, and I’ll buy you a vegan sandwich.”

For as controversial as he is, CM Punk remains a much-discussed figure in wrestling. With the NWA scoring a TV deal with CW, signing with the promotion would facilitate Punk's return to on-screen competition.

The NWA isn't the only potential option for CM Punk, as the 'Best in the World' has been getting close to IMPACT Wrestling. Punk was backstage at an IMPACT taping earlier this year and also attended the recent post-Bound for Glory tapings. Punk has been well-received by the IMPACT roster and spoke with main event talent at the recent taping.