MLW's Davey Boy Smith Jr. has provided a positive update on his health after recently undergoing emergency surgery.

Smith had been scheduled to appear at MLW Slaughterhouse earlier this month, where he was set to challenge MLW World Heavyweight Champion Alex Kane. Unfortunately, he didn't make it to the show due to requiring surgery for appendicitis and diverticulitis. Instead of Smith, Kane defended his championship against Tom Lawlor.

Speaking with Mike McGuire of McGuire on Wrestling, Smith recalled his symptoms and how he felt that a Canadian Thanksgiving meal was to blame.

"I’m the type that, Thanksgiving dinner, I’m having at least a couple plates full of everything. I was extremely constipated and not feeling good. I was barely able to finish off a plate... So then the next day, I was just putting it off on, ‘Oh, maybe something I ate wasn’t that good,’ and everyone else seemed fine."

Smith added that the pain in his stomach intensified and that it felt like "if someone is non-stop booting you in the guts or shooting you in the guts with a shotgun."

Thankfully, Smith was able to see a doctor who operated on him and placed him on "severe antibiotics" to treat his affected colon. Later in the interview, the Canadian wrestler gave a positive update on his condition.

"The good news is, it looks like I’ll be alright, and I gotta get a colonoscopy in a month or two to make sure everything’s good and just hopefully it doesn’t come back."

Smith was also very grateful to MLW CEO Court Bauer who was very understanding of his situation, given that Bauer has dealt with diverticulosis in the past.

"He’s been a great boss because we’ve been chatting back and forth. ‘How’s week one going?’ ‘Oh, yeah, I’ve been there.’ So he’s been great, he’s been checking in on me. He’s told me that I can come back to the ring when I’m ready."

Bauer has no intentions of rushing Smith back into the ring, but the third-generation wrestler plans on getting active sooner rather than later.

"Hopefully, I’m back in the gym slowly over the next week or so. They gave me a good four-week prognosis... It’s just gonna be a slow recovery, and I’ll be good by December 16, as long as we’re going and I’m training and feeling good. I just gotta take it day by day and see where we go."