IMPACT World Champion Alex Shelley recently sustained an injury during the UK Tour that will keep him out of action for some time. As he recuperates, IMPACT Wrestling President Scott D’Amore has provided an update.

Shelley was forced to miss the rest of the trek due to an unfortunate injury he sustained on opening night. Fans were left concerned about Shelley's health and his involvement with the tour is up in the air.

At Friday's show in Newcastle, Shelley was scheduled to team up with Chris Sabin. However, due to the injury, Frankie Kazarian replaced Shelley. Moose and Brian Myers faced the team of Sabin and Kazarian.

Scott D'Amore provided an update on Shelley during a recent chat with Cultaholic. He stated that the World Champion

"He's going to need a little bit of rest and a little bit of time, but he's going to be more than healthy and ready before he needs to be in an IMPACT Wrestling ring, and it's going to be a good change for him to rest and recharge."

He highlighted the amazing bond that characterizes the IMPACT Wrestling family. He talked about the heartwarming support that Shelley received from both the staff and the crew.

D'Amore was quick to point out that the wrestlers on the roster were coming up with solutions before he could even address the matter including a veteran like Frankie Kazarian. D'Amore added:

"Like this company and crew does, they rally around each other. Before I had a chance to turn my mind, talent was coming up and offering suggestions and one of them was Frankie Kazarian stepping up and saying, 'I'll step in and do double duty when needed. I still want to wrestle Leon Slater, but I'll circle back in the main event. I have history with the Machine Guns and I'll be happy to take Shelley's place and team with Sabin.'

Everybody was turning their minds and a lot of people coming up, 'Hey, we can do this.' A guy like Frankie, who has been around 20 plus years and doesn't have to, but is like, 'I want to step up and fill that void and be part of a solution.' That's truly amazing."

Shelley is likely to miss the rest of the UK tour. As per the reports, Shelley suffered an "extremely pulled muscle in his calf." A three-way bout was planned featuring Kazarian, Rich, Swann and Trey Miguel for Turning Point on October 27. With Kazarian replacing Shelley in the tag team match, the three-way bout was altered into a singles match between Swann and Miguel.