The latest edition of AEW Rampage’s main event showcased a technical showdown between Daniel Garcia and Trent Beretta. It was Garcia who emerged victorious, making Beretta tap out to his Crossface submission hold.

Following his win, Garcia didn't waste any time and took to the mic to issue a bold challenge. He called out AEW World Champion Maxwell Jacob Friedman (MJF), letting his desire for championship gold known.

Garcia stated, “Man, I don’t know about y’all, but Daniel Garcia has a very good track of time. And I’ve been keeping score, alright. So, because I’m so good at keeping time, it has been six months since Daniel Garcia has had a singles match at AEW. I feel like there’s one way to jump in the line at AEW. And that is winning a title. I am picky, I am greedy. I have a f*tish for greed. I have a f*tish for gold, and that's why I am calling out the biggest star, Maxwell Jacob Friedman!” he exclaimed.

“I know you have a lot of targets on your back, you have a lot of people that want your belt, that want your spot. But I promise you there’s not a person in that back, that wants it more than I do. So Max if you are up for the test to step up in the ring, with one of the best professional wrestl-"
And that’s where Garcia caught himself, as he was going to call himself a wrestler.

Responding to the challenge, MJF took to social media, announcing that he had made the title match official as he “just got off the phone with out boss.” He wrote, "This Wednesday night. The present will defend his title against the future. You're on."

With the match between MJF and Daniel Garcia set for Dynamite on November 8, fans are excited over this unexpected championship showdown.