Fans eager to see New Japan Pro Wrestling's Mercedes Moné back in the ring will have to keep waiting as she is not yet ready to return.

Moné debuted for New Japan at Wrestle Kingdom 17, less than a year after her final appearance for WWE. A month after her debut, Moné captured the IWGP Women's Championship from KAIRI. She would lose the gold to Mayu Iwatani at the All-Star Grand Queendom event in April.

At NJPW Resurgence in May, Moné was set to become the first NJPW Strong Women's Champion before an ankle injury changed plans. After an audible was called in the ring, Willow Nightingale won the Strong Women's Championship, a title she has since lost to Giulia. Rocky Romero, who in addition to being a wrestler serves as an ambassador for NJPW, gave an update on Mone to Wrestle Purists this week.

“I hope that I’ll be talking to her (Moné) agent and her maybe soon-ish, but I honestly don’t have any update yet about anything. The last thing I had heard was that she was recovering well and basically they were gonna let me know, reach out when she was getting close to a comeback."

One place fans want to see Moné once she is healed is AEW, which was teased at All In when the NJPW talent was spotted in the crowd. At the time, AEW President Tony Khan said it was great to have her at the show despite her not being cleared.