MLW wrestler Alex Hammerstone has shared what he can about his status with the company amid questions about his future.

Hammerstone is a former MLW World Heavyweight Champion. He was also the inaugural and longest reigning National Openweight Champion, and the winner of the Battle Riot in 2021.

In October, Hammerstone stated that he had requested his release from MLW. Taking to Twitter this week, Hammerstone shared what he could about his MLW status, and said there has been a breakdown in communication between himself and management.

"I just wanted to take a second to jump on here and talk to you guys. I've been getting a lot of questions and comments. Has MLW released me? Are they going to release me? What's my future in wrestling look like? So I wanted to give an update. Unfortunately, the update is that I'm not really sure at this point. Now before I continue, the point of this video is not to bash this company. It's not to talk negatively about anybody. It's just to be an update on the situation as I currently understand it.

Now this whole situation broke in the news and the dirt sheets just recently but it's actually been ongoing for a couple of months now. And the communication on that end to me had been sparse to put it nicely. I've tried several times to get on the phone with Court Bauer, it hasn't happened unfortunately. The people in the office that I have been relegated to speaking with, the last I was told, they were actually working toward a release. However that was several weeks ago at this point.

Then, when they broke the story to the dirt sheets, they told them that they actually had no intention on releasing me. So I'm not sure if there was a miscommunication somewhere or if I was told that to shut me up and make me leave them alone for a little while. But like I said, I'm trying to leave the emotions and the opinions out of this and just give you the facts of my situation.

The facts are this. I have not worked for the company in well-over 100 days at this point. They removed me from their active roster page. They removed me from all current marketing material. They edited me out of the show intro and highlights and those sorts of things. And I have not been contacted for any dates moving forward. Several dates have come and passed, I was not contacted to work those and I have not been contacted for the upcoming shows.

It has been made pretty apparent to me at this point that they have no intention of using me moving forward, but their official statement is that they have no intention of releasing me. So I'm not sure if I'm being punished, just for asking if that was a possibility or if like I said there was a miscommunication somewhere. Unfortunately, that's the best I can update you guys on right now. I'm trying to stay optimistic and move forward one day at a time."

Hammerstone's most recent match for MLW came at the promotion's Never Say Never event in July, where he lost the MLW World Heavyweight Championship to Alex Kane.