Those in the NWA are growing frustrated with how Billy Corgan is running things, it has been revealed.

Corgan, the frontman for the Smashing Pumpkins, acquired the historic NWA in 2017. Rather than serving as a governing body as it had before, Corgan relaunched the NWA as its own promotion. Last month, Corgan announced that Exodus Pro will be an official NWA territory based in Ohio.

Last month, it was reported that NWA programming would be coming to the CW Network in a move that would significantly increase the promotion's viewership potential. That relationship took a hit during the NWA Samhain pay-per-view with a spot that reportedly angered some at the CW. The spot in question saw Father James Mitchell snort what was presented as cocaine during the broadcast.

With The CW Network signing a multi-year contract with WWE NXT, questions have been raised as to what this means for the NWA. Talent within the promotion have expressed frustration to Haus of Wrestling over Corgan's current leadership. Corgan's schedule touring with The Smashing Pumpkins means that to some wrestlers, he is unavailable to relay creative ideas between shows. Talent have said that they do not know what plans are for them at NWA tapings until the day of the show, and sometimes close to an hour before filming.

Some frustrated talent are already looking into other places they can work when their NWA contracts expire. Several NWA contracts are set to come up in June and Corgan intends to start conversations to re-sign many of them in February.

Billy Corgan reportedly gives wrestlers 'tests' to see how they respond and to test their loyalty. These tests can include having an 'over' talent who come in to work lose right away to see if they will take the loss. Another test sees Corgan being overly critical of a talent who has done nothing wrong to see how they take it.

While some in the NWA are frustrated with how things are going, reigning NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion EC3 isn't among them. When reached out to by Nick Hausman of Haus of Wrestling, EC3 gave the following statement.

1) No apology necessary (Hausman had apologized for contacting him later than planned)

2) This has never been communicated to me via talent or otherwise, and I communicate with all. A truly professional wrestler should be prepared for anything at anytime. They should be able to perform based on whatever opportunity is provided. “Plans in advance” OFTEN change.
There isn’t one wrestling company that this isn’t the case for.

While sometimes knowing in advance can be beneficial, perhaps in envisioning long form character arc and story told, a lot of the best moments and actions come when capable talent are put on the spot and trust their skills and intuition in the moments.

The day of the show provides AMPLE time if a talent requires to verbatim script a promo or “put together a match.” Neither should take long especially if/when a talent is confident in character, work, and ability.

Personally, I prefer to have a direction, then allowed the open canvas to create how I achieve that direction. I know WHO I AM and WHERE I WANT TO GO. I think others should trust themselves to do the same. It’s how good stories are told.

EX: Tonight on NWA POWERRR (6:05) I have a promo segment that I was informed of day of the show. I was given the destination that is taking us. I conversed with the talent involved on their goals and mission and end business for the segment. Then I had 5 hours till it was filmed. I was pleased with how it turned out.

By being present in the moment, you are always prepared for anything.

Continued in a moment have to do something

3) infrastructure is great and required on all facets of a growing business. Infrastructure is more imperative on a BUSINESS END than a CREATIVE END.

True creativity is a collaboration, and talents should be absolutely thankful they have freedom to explore as creatives because before they know it, they will work their asses off to one day maybe get an opportunity to BE A MUTE.

I don’t know what facets of growth are being held up that we would require a bakers dozens of low level Hollywood writers who have never seen wrestling, never been in a fight for anything, or never had an experience in athletic victory/defeat.

If it’s about promotional material or who is “being pushed” it’s not rocket science on who that is, but it’s also a HUGE OPPORTUNITY for a talent who might not be, to put themselves out there, show why they are special, and capture that. Simply by utilizing the team we have, from socials, to peers, a talent can send a promo to the team, get it aired. A talent can try an idea they have, film it, it can air. A talent can EASILY (and this is rare) TALK TO THE BOSS and pitch ideas.

I watched our boss sit and listen to a bunch of promos from extras (who don’t really have a shot), watch a bunch of practice matches from extras (who aren’t TV ready) and offer that to all.

Just because a talent is there, and semi being utilized, doesn’t mean anything is handed. Entitlement and complacency will have them, what, Anonymously bitching to the internet?

Post a seminar I did, I spent hours discussing non contracted talents with WPC so we can provide them legitimate feedback, again, even if they aren’t close to TV ready.

Why? Because we love this and share the same ideals that people deserve opportunity and the truth. I don’t think people understand the rarity of a boss who would put that time in. Took me a long time to find one.

Again, back to creative, I’d prefer one’s overall vision accompanied by a handful of trusted, experienced, smart “wrestling people” to see it through.

Again though, hindsight 20/20 sometimes there can be too much freedom and people do dumb things.

I hope that answer was sufficient.

4) I know only my business, and my business alone as far as contracts and older talent etc. I’m very happy with mine as I get to represent and grow the brand, while also challenge myself with other creative endeavors in wrestling and beyond. While NWA is my home, I can spread our, and my own, brand on multiple fronts.

This industry is a constant test. Being “frustrated by tests” is, just, something I’d never say or complain about (to the internet.) If I am challenged to do something, in lieu of frustrated complaining, I’d channel that frustration to take whatever test I’ve been given, and get better by accepting the challenge. Even if it’s just a “F-U” to the person who put me through it.

It’s not “gaining approval.” It’s showing competency and will. It’s showing you want it. It’s showing you have value. It’s showing you’re worth investing in.

If that’s too much, don’t come. I have countless people reaching out to me daily trying to get in.

And also, as I’ve said to the locker room before, I am ALWAYS AVAILABLE if anyone ever wants to or needs to have a conversation. I don’t know if I’ll be right, but I will give my best effort and opinion in complete confidence.

Corgan is no stranger to controversy with his management of the NWA. When Tyrus became NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion, many saw this booking as solely because of Tyrus' mainstream exposure on FOX News. Corgan would refute the claim, even going as far as to say that someone not willing to watch Tyrus shouldn't call themselves a wrestling fan.